Beauty treatment gone wrong: What you can do
If you have been the victim of beauty treatment gone wrong and need the help of experienced solicitors then contact us for a free case assessment and details of no win, no fee funding.
Beauty treatment is becoming increasingly popular and is now a multi-billion pound industry in the UK. But with the rise in the number of treatments being carried out there has been a corresponding increase in the number of people complaining about beauty treatment gone wrong. This can sometimes result in the customer suffering serious injury and even permanent scarring.
As lawyers specialising in beauty treatment claims we have seen a wide variety of injuries resulting from burns, allergic reactions and lacerations.
The problems we encounter are due in part to the fact that the beauty industry is self-regulated and standards of care and competence are variable. Injury commonly occurs as a result of:
- Inadequate training;
- Lack of experience;
- Poor hygiene standards; and
- Cost cutting.
To reduce the risk of injury occurring we would advise you to:
- Arrange a pre-treatment consultation with your beautician;
- Ensure that your salon is registered with BABTAC, The British Association of Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology;
- Ask to see evidence that the salon and beautician is fully insured;
- Check your beautician’s level of qualification; and
- Insist on a patch test being carried out where appropriate.
However, if you do suffer injury as a result of beauty treatment gone wrong then consider the following steps:
- Take photographs of your injuries;
- Retain all the paperwork relating to your treatment, including appointment cards and receipts;
- Keep a note of any comments, explanations or apologies issued by the salon or beautician; and
- Consult a specialist beauty treatment claim solicitor without delay.
It is important to act quickly as there are strict time limits for making a claim and important evidence can get lost.
We operate a FREE BEAUTY TREATMENT GONE WRONG HELPLINE which you can call on freephone 0808 139 1592. Alternatively you can send us brief details by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then provide you with a FREE CASE ASSESSMENT and details of no win, no fee funding.